Multiple fully funded Ph.D. positions are available in our group in the School of Computing at the University of Georgia. My research areas mainly focus on:
- Real-time machine learning
- AGI (artificial general intelligence) on mobile devices
- Parallel Computing and Compiler Optimizations for Machine Learning Systems
I am also open to other research ideas that students may prefer!
Wei Niu earned his Ph.D. in the Computer Science department at William & Mary. He received his B.S. degree in software engineering from Beihang University in 2016. His work has been published in some top-tier system venues, including (MICRO, PLDI, ASPLOS, USENIX ATC, ICS, DAC), as well as top-tier AI/ML venues, including (ICCV, CVPR, AAAI, NeurIPS, ECCV). He will start as an assistant professor in the School of Computing at the University of Georgia in the fall of 2023. Mobile devices are one of the major carriers for many machine learning workloads, and he developed some real-time machine learning optimization frameworks on top of them. Students joining Dr. Wei’s group are expected to work on efficient machine learning algorithms and systems on different architectures (i.e., mobile platforms, edge NPU/TPU/DSP, large-scale CPUs/GPUs).
- The successful candidate should have a high level of motivation and enthusiasm for research.
- Students with working experience or experience in C, C++, or Python programming are preferred.
If you are interested, please send your resume, transcript, and any other relevant materials to wniu AT wm DOT edu